We will update this page periodically as we plan our transition to a Learning Commons model
in the Library.
Phase I: Information Gathering - Winter 2016-2017
Our current focus is gathering input from the Emmanuel community as we meet with architects and stakeholders to shape a vision for our future.
- "Share Your Vision" Survey has had over 250 responses, and closes February 14.
- Information display is available in the Library lobby.
- An overview of the Learning Commons project was presented to the Emmanuel College Board of Trustees in late January. The Learning Commons received a generous gift from a trustee.
- Community Information Sessions were held in December and February.
- Focus groups are being formed to gather additional information. If you are interested, contact Joelle Morrone, email@example.com.
- Architects continue to work with Library and other Emmanuel College staff to gather information about the existing building and our goals.
- A plan for culling outdated materials from collection is moving forward. For more information, contact Collection Development Librarian Anne Hancock.
- Learning Commons Advisory Committee is being formed. Interested in participating in the committee? Email SGA (students) or VPAA William Leonard (faculty/staff).
Last updated: 2/7/2017