This position requires excellent customer service skills, effective and efficient communication skills, and basic computer literacy. The candidate must be energetic and eager to assist the Library staff and patrons.
Our student workers receive extensive training. As the student advances, they will take on more tasks and responsibilities. Each year the student will be evaluated on performance and quality. This position will retain only reliable and responsible individuals.
Periodic evaluations will be used to maintain job expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and effectively communicating basic Library policies and procedures
- Providing support for the Circulation desk; effectively communicating patron needs to the appropriate supervisor
- Providing support for Library tasks and daily functions
- Providing assistance with special assignments and projects
- Assisting with media deliveries across campus and media pickups at the Circulation desk
- Providing quality assistance to Library staff and patrons
During the academic year the Library is open seven days a week, 7:30am-1am most days. Library student workers are scheduled according to the coverage needs of the Cardinal Cushing Library.
Please visit the Library’s home page for more information on hours.