2. North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), pronounced "nakes", is a new system that is gradually replacing SIC. NAICS was developed by the United States, Canada, and Mexico to identify more industries and provide a more precise classification of individual businesses. [For further information, see North American Industry Classification System, U.S. Census Bureau]
Value Line Investment Survey - Standard Edition
To access an industry profile, in the Browse Research tab (default), enter a public company within your industry in the top right box and click Quote. In the resulting page, scroll down and click on the PDF icon under the heading Industry Analysis. Note: Three concurrent users only.
To find industry reports, limit the Publication Type to Industry Profile. The limit options are found below the search text boxes in the Limit your results section.
Also, conduct article searches.
Search Example: publishing and industry and (trends or outlook or forecast
Morningstar Investment Research Center - Industry Information To find a list of companies in an industry, click on the Companies tab in the navigation bar. Once in on this page, select Stock Industry from the drop down list. This will propt a new window to open. Select the industry you would like to investigate from the third option labeled Value and then select OK. Your browser will now be updated with your results. Click the arrow button in the bottom right corner to see results.
A multidisciplinary resource providing the largest aggregated full-text database in the market today totaling more than 12,665 titles - with over 9,745 titles in full text. Covers more than 160 subject areas, including business and economics, health and medical, news and world affairs, technology, social sciences and more. Provides over 400 full-text U.S., Canadian and international newspapers; nearly 30,000 full-text dissertations in the areas of business, psychology, physical sciences, health, education; and nearly 9,000 market reports for business information for 43 industries in 40 countries.
MSN Money 1. Enter the ticker symbolfor the company within a particular industry and click on Search Money.
2. Scroll down to the Fundamentals sectionand use the Key Statistics menu on the right-hand side to choose from Growth, Profitability, Price Ratios, etc.
Reuters 1. Enter the Ticker Symbol for a company within a particular industry in the top, right search box and click Search.
2. Select your company's name.
3. Select the Financials tab.
4. Scroll down to view Valuation Ratios and Profitability Ratios.