- Video Collection Databases
- Databases with video and/or audio files
- Search for video or audio materials in the Online Catalog
Note: Limit Format to Sound Recording or Video Recording.
Video Collection Databases
- American History in Video Provides the largest and richest collection of video available online for the study of American history, with 2,000 hours and more than 5,000 titles on completion.
- Internet Archive: Moving Image Archive
"[C]ontains digital movies uploaded by Archive users which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts."
- Feature Film Collection of more than 3,900 films in the public domain, searchable by title, topic, genre, publication date
- LibriVox Free Audiobook Collection of more than 8,700 audio books, searchable
- Live Music Archive, more than 147,000 items browsable by year, artist, publication date
- Old Time Radio, more than 2,400 historical radio programs, searchable by title, topic, date
Kanopy is a streaming video resource with a board collection of over 26,000 films on every subject imaginable and from leading producers such as Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, New Day Films, HBO California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, BBC, First Run Features, The Video Project, Documentary Education Resources. Kanopy’s website makes it easy to watch, share and discuss films across campus. Enjoy!
Cultural and educational media found scattered across the web, curated to create this gateway to free feature films (film noir, sci-fi, classics, historical documentaries); science videos, audio books, and more.
- INFOTRAC/Gale Cengage Databases (video and audio files)
Databases include:Academic OneFile (1980 - current) ; Educator's Reference Complete (1980 - present) ; General OneFile (1980 - current) ; and Health Reference Center - Academic .
- Use Advanced Search Option.
- Limit Document Type to Video file or Audio File.
Note: Many files listed as video will not have attached visual materials. However, there is often the option to hear the audio portion of the content by clicking on Listen in the right side Tools box.)
- Gale Biography in Context
- Go to Advanced Search.
- Limit Content Type to Videos or Audio,
- Library of Congress
- In the search box, limit format to Films, Videos or Audio Recordings and use appropriate search terms, or none to browse.
- In the results list, limit the Online Formats found in the left menu to Video or Audio.
- Under Ways to connect at the very bottom of the page, click on Podcasts or Video & Webcasts.
- On the Podcasts page, browse by category in the left menu. On the Webcasts page, search using the Webcast Pages search box at the top right hand corner in addition to browsing by category.
- Library of Congress: Digital Collections
Browse by Subject or Origional Format in the left menu, or search by Keyword to find resources in the Library of Congress's digitized collections.
- Literature Online (ProQuest)
- From the Texts menu at the top of the page, select Video and Audio.
- Options include Poets on Screen, Shakespeare Audio Plays, and Poetry Archive Audio.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
- Click on Articles & Videos tab at the top of screen
- Under the heading Collections on the right, select Videos to browse the available titles.
- ProQuest Central
- Go to the Advanced Search.
- Limit the Document Type to Audio/Video Clip.
Note: It is not possible to specify video OR audio in file selection.
- The Public Domain Review Features a selection of materials in the public domain, including film and audio collections that date back as far as the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.