Resources to explore your topic ideas:
- Academic Search Premier
- Google Scholar
Look for Full-Text at Emmanuel at the right of articles retrieved. In some cases you may need to click on the more option below the item record to access the Full-Text at Emmanuel link.
For additional databases by subject, browse the Research/Course Guides.
Find Newspaper Articles
- Boston Globe
Access to the daily Boston Globe with archive from the first issue of the paper (1872). A one-time registration from any computer on or off campus is required using this link: Register. For authentication purposes, you must use your Emmanuel email address as your login id then choose any password. This will become your login.
To search the Boston Globe Archive, login here.
- New York Times (1980-present)
MLA Handbook (8th ed.) REFERENCE DESK LB2369 .G53 2016
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) REFERENCE DESK BF 76.7 .P83 2010
- American Psychological Association (APA): APA Style
- Explore the Quick Answers - References and Quick Answers - Formatting.
- Also search the APA Style Blog for APA questions including "How to Cite Something You Found on a Website in APA Style."
Citation Management Tool
- RefWorks Registration: Sign up for an Account by creating a Login Name and Password from a computer on campus. You will receive an email confirming your new account with instructions for accessing your RefWorks account off campus.Using RefWorks:
Visit the Reference Desk
Reference assistance is available in person, by phone, by email:
Monday - Thursday, 8am – 10pm
Friday, 8am – 8pm (Summer Schedule, 8am – 5pm)
Saturday, 9am – 8pm (Summer Schedule, 9am – 5pm)
Sunday, 12pm – 10pm (Summer Schedule, Closed)
Library Holiday Hours
To submit a reference question click here. If you submit a question after hours, you may expect an answer the following morning.
- Academic Resource Center
Services include: Writing assistance, individual peer tutoring, and group study sessions.