The Cardinal Cushing Library educates students in the research, information literacy and critical thinking skills that will enable them to thrive as lifelong learners and engaged citizens. The Library also fosters learning by providing access to high quality information and scholarly resources and space for activities ranging from quiet contemplation to collaborative innovation. The Library engages with groups across the College to offer lively programming aimed at maximizing the transformative possibilities of the academic experience.
The Cardinal Cushing Library will inspire students to engage both globally and locally, using the transformational power of information to support their ethical values and service to others.
- Reference and research assistance
- Information literacy classes
- Online course guides
- Course reserves
- Interlibrary loan
- Educational programming & events
- DiscoveryLab MakerSpace
The Library Collection
- Over 250,000 print and e-Books in our collections covering all subject areas
- More than 3,600 print and electronic journal subscriptions
- Over 60 online subscription databases in all subject areas
- More than 25,000 online streaming videos available 24x7 in every subject
The Cardinal Cushing Library partners with a number of libraries in Boston and surrounding communities to provide expanded access to materials and services. Present a current Emmanuel College ID with library barcode to check out materials from the Fenway Library Organization (FLO) libraries listed below.
Fenway Library Organization Member Libraries:
Massachusetts College of Art & Design
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Museum of Fine Arts (limited access)
New England College of Optometry
New England Conservatory of Music
Wentworth Institute of Technology