- Presidential Proclamation- National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Facts for Features- Hispanic Heritage Month
The U.S. Census Bureau provides data regarding population sizes, education, voting percentages and more in this National Hispanic Heritage Month feature.
- Hispanic Heritage Month, Library of Congress
Learn all about National Hispanic Heritage Month in this site including historical resources from the Library of Congress, Smithsonian Institution, the US National Archives, the National Gallery of Art and more.
- Hispanic Reading Room, Library of Congress
"The Hispanic Reading Room is the primary access point for research related to the Caribbean, Latin America, Spain and Portugal; the indigenous cultures of those areas; and peoples throughout the world historically influenced by Luso-Hispanic heritage, including Latinos in the U.S. and peoples of Portuguese or Spanish heritage in Africa, Asia, and Oceania."
- National Hispanic Heritage Month, Law Library of Congress
National Hispanic Heritage Month has roots dating back to 1968 when Congress requested the President to recognize National Hispanic Heritage Week. Learn the origins of this holiday by looking through the executive and legislative documents concerning it over the years.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month, National Register of Historic Places
The National Park Service highlights some of their historic locations that "exemplify the contributions of Hispanic culture and achievement." Includes lesson plans for teaching with historic places and travel itineraries.
- Columbia History of Latinos in the United States Since 1960
Also available in print (Call Number: E184.S75 C644 2004)
- Latinas in the United States: A historical encyclopedia
Also available in print (Call Number: Reference E184.S75 L35 2006)
- Latinos in America: philosophy and social identity
Resource Type: E-Book
- Latinos in New England
Resource Type: E-Book
- Herencia: The Anthology of Hispanic Literature of the United States REFERENCE PS 508 .H57 A58 2002
- Hispanic Literature of the United States REFERENCE PS 153 .H56 K36 2003
- Latinos in the United States E184 .S75 A63 2007
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States Reference E184.S75 O97 2005