- Cardinal Cushing Library borrowing privileges are extended to Emmanuel College Students, Faculty, Administration, Staff, Alumni, Fenway Library Organization, and The Colleges of the Fenway.
- Borrowers must present a current institutional ID with an appropriate library registration barcode.
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials charged out in his or her name.
- Borrowing privileges in our consortia are extended to currently enrolled Emmanuel Students, Faculty, Staff and Administration only. These privileges allow access to the libraries of the Fenway Library Organization, and The Colleges of the Fenway, and the use of Emmanuel College's Interlibrary Loan services.
- Emmanuel alumni may register for a Library barcode that grants borrowing privileges of print material in the collection of Cardinal Cushing Library. Alumni borrowing privileges do not extend to other libraries in the Fenway Library Organization.
- As an alumnus, you are welcome to use our databases on campus in the Library. (Our licensing does not extend to off-campus access for alumni.)
- We continue to provide reference services to our alumni by phone, email, or in person.
- Ask a reference librarian about alternative public library access to electronic resources that you may need to access remotely.
Emmanuel College Library Collections
- Circulating Book Collection (30-day check-out period)
- Leisure Collection (30-day check-out period)
- Juvenile Book Collection (14-day check-out period, non-renewable)
- Reference Collection
- Periodical Collection
- DVD/VHS/CD Collection (Emmanuel Faculty/Staff have 7-day check-out period)
- Reserve Collection (2-hour check-out period)
- Browsing Collection
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - An Emmanuel ID now gains admission to regular hours of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for the entire Emmanuel community. The Emmanuel ID does not gain access to special events.
- Museum of Fine Arts - Emmanuel faculty, students and staff have free admission to the MFA with their Emmanuel IDs.
Reserve Circulation Policies for Students
- This collection can be accessed at the circulation desk. A valid institutional ID with an appropriate library registration barcode is required to view reserve items.
- A maximum of one reserve item may be viewed at one time. Reserve materials are for in-house use only for a two-hour period of time.
- Failure to return reserve items will result in financial liability and the loss of both circulation and reserve borrowing privileges.
- Books may be renewed in person at the Circulation Desk or by calling (617) 735-9927.
- The library reserves the right to deny a renewal request.
- The borrower is financially liable and will lose both circulation and reserve borrowing privileges for any overdue items lent from Emmanuel College, any FLO library, or through Interlibrary Loan using his/her library account.
- Items will be "assumed lost" if they are not returned or renewed before their due date.
- A $60.00 per item holding fee will be placed on these "assumed lost" items. The holding fee can be removed by renewing or returning the item or items immediately.
- If the "assumed lost" item is not returned or renewed, a replacement fine will then be billed to the borrower’s record. The borrower will be billed the $60.00 per item holding fee plus any additional replacement charges that exceed this cost. This bill will be reflected on the borrower’s student financial statement. Unpaid library fees prevent borrowers from registering for classes, obtaining grades and transcripts, and graduating.
- Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services for financial details at: (617) 735-9938.
- If an item is returned after the borrower has been issued a replacement bill, the borrower will receive credit for the replacement costs per item.
- Once an overdue issue has been resolved, the borrower will regain his/her borrowing privileges at the library.
- Please note, regaining borrowing privileges and removing fees from a borrower’s record will take two to three business days for processing.