*Please note we are no longer offering 3D printing via file submissions. As of January 1, 2019, anyone wishing to print must be trained and responsible for their own 3D printing.
Questions regarding 3D printing?
Or stop by the DiscoveryLab during hours of operation (M-F, 8:30-4:30)
DiscoveryLab staff are happy to teach you how to use the 3D printers, but are not responsible for creating your 3D print jobs for you. As of January 1, 2019, all 3D print jobs must be completed by their owners.
- Anyone wishing to print must first be trained by DiscoveryLab staff.
- Designs must not exceed 5 hours of print time.
- Prints may not exceed sizes greater than 6"x6".
- You have seven days to pick up you prints.
- Printing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Rules and RegulationsThe 3D printer may be used for lawful purposes only. Students will not be permitted to use the 3D printer to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the college environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- While we are not charging at the moment the cost of materials is not insignificant. We may start charging in the near future.
- Students will be given a quote at the time of submission of the cost of materials used.
The DiscoveryLab reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.