We are pleased to offer opportunities for you to create your own 3D printed models! In the spirit of creativity, innovation and a DIY-ethos, you will now be able to learn how to create and print your own 3D models. In order to use the 3D printers, you must be trained by a DiscoveryLab staff member. Drop in the DiscoveryLab during our hours of operation (M-F, 8:30-8:30) to learn more.
Questions regarding 3D printing?
Email: Adam Zapotok at Zapotoka@emmanuel.edu
Or stop by the DiscoveryLab during hours of operation (M-F, 8:30-8:30)
- Anyone wishing to print must first be trained by DiscoveryLab staff.
- Designs must not exceed 5 hours of print time.
- Prints may not exceed sizes greater than 6"x6".
- You have seven days to pick up your prints.
- Printing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the college environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- While we are not charging at the moment the cost of materials is not insignificant. We may start charging in the near future.
- Students will be given a quote at the time of submission of the cost of materials used.
- All items except for laptops can be checked out for a period of 3 days.
- Laptops can be checked out for 3 hours by students only.
- iPads can only be checked out by faculty for educational use.
- iPhone and Apple laptop chargers are not available.
- Equipment is checked out on a first-come, first-served basis; walk-ins are welcome.
Items must be reserved at least one *business day (DiscoveryLab Hours) in advance in order to be made available for pick up outside of DiscoveryLab hours.
To book equipment email Discoverylab@emmanuel.edu