*Please note we are no longer offering 3D printing via file submissions. As of January 1, 2019, anyone wishing to print must be trained and responsible for their own 3D printing.
Questions regarding 3D printing?
Or stop by the DiscoveryLab during hours of operation (M-F, 8:30-4:30)
DiscoveryLab staff are happy to teach you how to use the 3D printers, but are not responsible for creating your 3D print jobs for you. As of January 1, 2019, all 3D print jobs must be completed by their owners.
- Anyone wishing to print must first be trained by DiscoveryLab staff.
- Designs must not exceed 5 hours of print time.
- Prints may not exceed sizes greater than 6"x6".
- You have seven days to pick up you prints.
- Printing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Rules and RegulationsThe 3D printer may be used for lawful purposes only. Students will not be permitted to use the 3D printer to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the college environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- While we are not charging at the moment the cost of materials is not insignificant. We may start charging in the near future.
- Students will be given a quote at the time of submission of the cost of materials used.
Media and Equipment Reservation Policy
- All items except for laptops can be checked out for a period of 3 days.
- Laptops can be checked out for 3 hours by students only.
- iPads can only be checked out by faculty for educational use.
- iPhone and Apple laptop chargers are not available.
- Equipment is checked out on a first come, first served basis; walk-ins are welcome.
Please note: Items must be reserved at least one *business day (DiscoveryLab Hours) in advance in order to be made available for pick up outside of DiscoveryLab hours.
Click here to book resources!
(Link currently only works on campus)