- access databases off campus
- find peer-reviewed articles
- find the full text of an article from a citation
- request books or articles from other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
= Emmanuel Faculty, Staff & Students only
Subject-Specific Databases: A to Z
Business Source Premier
Full text and indexing of scholarly business journals covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and related topics.
Accounting, Tax and Banking Collection (ProQuest)
An interdisciplinary, full-text database of over 10,000 sources focusing on current news and business, government/legal, and medical issues.
Science Direct (Elsevier)
Access to full text of over 2,500 scholarly, peer-reviewed journals in the areas of: Biochemistry; Business and Management; Genetics and Molecular Biology; Chemistry; Immunology and Microbiology; Medicine; Psychology; and Social Science. Includes recently-accepted articles in press.
The Mergent Moody's database of fundamental company information gives a detailed picture of over 10,000 U.S. public companies. ("How do I use Mergent Online to create company comparison reports?")
Morningstar Investment Research Center
Enter the Company Ticker or Name in search box and hit enter. Under your company's name, there will be a "Quote" tab. On this tab, scroll down until you see "Competitors" located on the right side of the page. Or, you may select Industry Peers in the menu bar directly under the Quote tab.
Value Line Investment Survey - Standard Edition
Note: Three concurrent users only.
Additionally, search in Google Scholar .
- Search for the journal title using the A-Z Journals by Title list to verify the journals peer-reviewed status.
Search for Books
Reference Books (Print and Electronic)
- Accountants' Handbook REFERENCE HF5621 .A22 2007
- Accounting Handbook REFERENCE HF5635 .S586 2006
- Business: The Ultimate Resource - Dictionary of Business and Management
- Dictionary of Accounting
- Credo Reference: Advanced Search
Find background information on your topic with the use of our online reference materials. Credo Reference contains over 600 reference titles covering all disciplines.
- Tax Information for Tax Professionals
Internal Revenue Service.
- U.S. Joint Committee on Taxation
Congress of the United States.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Search EDGAR (the SEC's Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system) for most filings from public companies. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Foundation
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy