access and use ebrary, Inc.™
Access to ebrary, Inc.™:
In the navigation bar, locate the Research tab. In the drop down menu, click on E-Book Collections. This will bring you to our eBook Collections page. The first option available will be ebary, Inc.™. Off-campus users will be prompted to enter their Emmanuel Portal login information for access.
Note: You may also access ebrary, Inc.™ items through the Online Catalog.
Finding books in ebrary, Inc.™:
Printing in ebrary, Inc.™:
- In ebary, search for books in the Simple Search box (which appears near the top left of each page) or in an Advanced Search. For an Advanced search, click the Search tab in the navigation bar.
- The Advanced search feature allows you to enter multiple search terms. Click the plus (+) or minus (-) to add or remove search boxes. For each term, select the field you want to search (text, subject, title, author, or publisher) in the box labeled Search in. For more complex searches, use AND/OR to link terms. Note: AND/OR must all be capitalized.
Example: education AND “curriculum planning.”
- Alternatively, use the Library’s Online Catalog in the center column of the Library homepage. Click the Books tab, and then select E-Books.
- E-Books will be identified by [Electronic Resource] after the title, and the holdings will be specified as no item information, available online (ebrary).
To view an e-book, go to the detailed record of the book by clicking on the title and then click on Emmanuel under the heading Holdings Information.
You can print materials from ebrary, Inc.™
. Once you’ve found the resource you would like to use, first navigate to the full text of your e-book by clicking the Read Online
button (on the left). Once you’re in this view, you can select the print icon from the toolbar. You can then select current page, pages from, or current chapter from this view.
Saving books to the Bookshelf:
Note: You must first sign in with your portal username and password. To do so, click on the Sign In link in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Highlighting and Annotating Text in ebrary, Inc.™:
- The Bookshelf feature is designed to save e-book titles for later use.
- Once you’ve logged in, click the Add to My Bookshelf button (a book with a plus sign). It will be above the full text in the Read Online view, or on the left in the Availability view.
- To access your bookshelf, click on the Bookshelf at the top of the page.
Note: You must first sign in with your portal username and password. To do so, click on the Sign In
link in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Open the full text view (Read Online) of the text you wish to highlight.
- Click on the highlighter icon in the tool bar at the top of the page. When you hover the mouse over the icon, it will read ‘Highlight’.
- To highlight, click and drag your mouse across the words you want to highlight. You will be prompted with the options to cite the phrase (double box) change the highlighting color, or to add annotation (Add Note icon).
- A link to the highlighted and annotated text will automatically be saved in your personal Bookshelf, and will remain until you remove it.
(Permanent link to "How do I access and use ebrary, Inc.™?"