search Google Scholar; link to Cardinal Cushing Library Resouces; export to RefWorks
To link to available Cardinal Cushing Library resources in Google Scholar, you have two options:
- Go to the Library homepage and select Google Scholar from the Quick Access drop down menu.
Search Strategies in Google Scholar:
- Follow these steps:
- From the main Google Scholar page, select Settings in the upper right corner.
- In the left menu, select Library links.
- In the search bar, type Cardinal Cushing Library and click blue search button. Select Cardinal Cushing Library – Full text@Emmanuel Coll. from the results and Save.
Exporting Google Scholar citations to RefWorks:
- Use Boolean operators when searching.
- Use AND/+ to narrow search results (automatically applied to multiple terms)
- Use OR to broaden search terms
- Use a negative sign [ - ] to exclude terms
- Quotation marks to search for exact phrases.
- To access the Advanced Search, click the downward-pointing grey arrow inside the search bar to open Google Scholar’s advanced search feature, which allows for further searching options including searching by author or specific journal. You can also limit to a date range and searching for the search terms within the item title.
- Under an article citation, click on the Quotation mark icon (Cite) in blue text. In the window that appears, click RefWorks. If you would like to change your preferences in Google Scholar so RefWorks is the default, follow these steps:
- From the main Google Scholar page, select menu icon in the upper right corner. Then go to Settings.
- Under the Bibliography manager heading, select Show links to import citations into, and select RefWorks from the drop-down menu.
- Save your preferences.
- Now, under each article citation in search results, one of the options in blue text will be Import into RefWorks>>.
- If using a public computer, remember to log out of RefWorks when finished.
(Permanent link to "How do I search Google Scholar and link to available Cardinal Cushing Library resources?"