create a permanent or persistent link to a document in selected Library databases
A permanent or persistent link (URL) to a document in one of our subscription databases allows direct and stable access to that document, because in some cases the URL displayed in the browser is only a temporary link. Accessing stable links varies by database; follow specific instructions below.
Copy and paste your stable link into EC Learn.
Instructions for selected databases/database vendors:
ProQuest Central and ProQuest Newspapers
- Databases include: Academic Search Premier, ATLA Religion Database, Business Source Premier, CINAHL with Full Text, EconLit with Full Text, ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center, European Views of the Americas: 1493–1750, GreenFILE, Humanities International Complete, LISTA, Medline through EBSCO interface, Military & Government Collection, PsycARTICLES, PsychINFO, Regional Business News, and SocINDEX with Full Text
- Instructions: Go to the detailed record of the document by selecting the document title from the result list. Click on the Permalink option in the right menu to copy the URL that appears in the pop-up box.
- Databases include: ABI/INFORM Complete, Education Journals (ProQuest), Health and Medical Complete, Historical Newspapers, ProQuest Central, ProQuest US Newsstream, Boston Globe (1980–1996), Boston Globe (1997–current), Christian Science Monitor Archive, New York Times Archive, Wall Street Journal Archive, Wall Street Journal Eastern Edition, Wall Street Journal Online Edition, and Washington Post Archive.
- Instructions: Go to the detailed record of the document, by selecting the document title from the result list. Copy the Document URL link given at the bottom of the document.
- Databases include: Academic OneFile, Educator's Reference Complete, Expanded Academic ASAP, Gale Biography in Context, Gale Virtual Reference Library, and General OneFile.
- Instructions: Go to the detailed record of the document, by selecting the document title from the result list. Select Bookmark this document from the Tools options on the right and, then, Copy the Bookmark URL.
Alexander Street Video Collections
- Instructions: Go to the detailed record of the book, by selecting the book title from the result list. The URL for the detailed record of the book is a permanent link.
- Databases include: American History in Video
- Instructions: Go to the detailed record of the video, by selecting the video title from the result list. Select Embed/Link from the options above the video on the page. From there, you will be able to copy the permanent link.
- Please be aware that EC Learn does not support embedding of selections from this database.
Please ask a librarian if you require further assistance.
(617) 735-9927, email@example.com
EBSCOhost. (2014, September). EBSCOhost Persistent Links - Frequently Asked Questions. Retrieved from http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=272
(Permanent link to "How do I create a permanent or persistent link to a document in selected Library databases?"